Earlier this year, Country Music Hall of Fame member Ronnie Milsap released a new album that features duets with an A-list cast, including Billy Gibbons, Luke Bryan, Dolly Parton, Jason Aldean, Willie Nelson, Lucy Angel, Kacey Musgraves, Little Big Town, George Strait, Jessie Key, Leon Russell, Steven Curtis Chapman and Montgomery Gentry.
The 13-track collection, Ronnie Milsap: The Duets, includes one of Troy Gentry’s final recordings on the Montgomery Gentry/Ronnie duet, “Shakey Ground.” In addition, Leon Russell, who passed away in 2016, is featured on “Misery Loves Company.” The album was recorded at Ronnie’s Place, the Nashville studio Ronnie owned from the late 1970s until 1995.
On June 17, Ronnie will ship his duet with Dolly Parton on “Smoky Mountain Rain” to country radio as the album’s lead single. Penned by Kye Fleming and Dennis Morgan, “Smoky Mountain Rain” became a No. 1 hit for Ronnie after its release in 1980.
For the new single, Dolly joins Ronnie to deliver a modern take on the classic hit, which you can listen to below.
Ronnie Milsap: The Duets
- “Southern Boys and Detroit Wheels” ft. Billy Gibbons
- “Stranger in My House” ft. Luke Bryan
- “Smoky Mountain Rain” ft. Dolly Parton
- “Prisoner of the Highway” ft. Jason Aldean
- “A Woman’s Love” ft. Willie Nelson
- “Happy Happy Birthday” ft. Lucy Angel
- “No Getting Over Me” ft. Kacey Musgraves
- “Lost in the Fifties” ft. Little Big Town
- “Houston Solution” ft. George Strait
- “What a Woman Can Mean to a Man” ft. Jessie Key
- “Misery Loves Company” ft. Leon Russell
- “You’re Nobody” ft. Steven Curtis Chapman
- “Shakey Ground” ft. Montgomery Gentry
photos by Curtis Hilbun, AFF-USA.com